Get Support Now. Call 613-549-7850.
Family Court Support is available for anyone who is leaving a domestic abuse situation and is either currently engaged in the Family Court process or is considering it. There are offices for this program in both Kingston and Napanee.
Free of Charge Family Court Support Program Services:
- Information on the Family Court process
- Assistance to document the history of abuse for Family Court proceedings
- Referral to specialized support services in the community
- Safety planning
- Court accompaniment to proceedings (when appropriate)
The majority of victims of domestic violence are women and children. The Family Court Support Worker (FSCW) assists clients who are leaving abusive relationships and are involved in the Family Court process by:
- Discussing the importance of enhanced safety when leaving the domestic abuse situation
- Providing education about the legal system
- Linking clients to other appropriate resources
- Empowering victims to move through the legal process confidently
Have questions? Need more information? Contact us!
Or fill in the form below and we’ll call you!
Additional Community Support:
- Kingston Interval House kingstonintervalhouse.com
- Lennox & Addington Interval House intervalhousenapanee.ca
- Kingston Youth Shelter kingstonyouthshelter.com
- In From the Cold Emergency Shelter kingstonhomebase.ca
- Dawn House dawnhouse.net
- Lily’s Place kingstonhomebase.ca/lilys-place-shelter/
- Kingston Harbour Light kingstonharbourlight.org