Website Resolve Counselling Services Canada
POSTING DATE: October 17, 2023
POSTING NUMBER: 17102023-Comm
TITLE: ADULT PROTECTIVE SERVICE WORKER (Full-time Contract until May 2024)
DEPARTMENT: COMMUNITY SERVICES
HOURS OF WORK: 35 HOURS PER WEEK
EFFECTIVE: November 1, 2023
LOCATION: KINGSTON OFFICE
Resolve Counselling is a multi-service not for profit agency. We are committed to offering high quality counselling and community services in a professional and compassionate environment.
Resolve Counselling Services Canada acknowledges that our Kingston location is situated on traditional Anishinabek (Ah- nish-in-ah-bay), Haudenosaunee (Ho-den-o-show-nee) and Huron-Wendat (huron-wen·dat) territory and is the home of many Indigenous peoples. We are grateful to reside and work on this land.
Resolve Counselling Services Canada fosters a working environment that reflects our community’s diversity and respects people’s dignity, ideas and beliefs. Resolve Counselling Services views diversity as its strength and encourages people from all backgrounds, including but not limited to women, racialized groups, Indigenous peoples, Persons with Disabilities and persons who identify as members LGBTQ+ communities, to apply.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Resolve Counselling Services Canada is currently seeking an Adult Protective Service Worker to provide support to adults (18+) who are living with a developmental disability and fall within the DSO (Developmental Services Ontario) eligibility. The incumbent will provide assessment, referral and advocacy services to clients. The Incumbent will interview clients to assess needs and develop client-directed service plans and will liaison with other community service providers and/or family members. The incumbent will provide life skills coaching to support clients with their independence, this may include such areas as: housing preparation and stabilization, managing interpersonal relationships, financial management and navigating community services. The incumbent shall be a strong advocate for people living with developmental disabilities and value equity, diversion and inclusive practices. The incumbent will be accountable for data collection and meeting quality assurance standards.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Post-Secondary degree/diploma in the field of social work or social services or related discipline
- Valid driver’s license
- Successful completion of vulnerable sector CPIC is a requirement
- One to three years’ experience working with people with a developmental disability or comparable discipline
- Proof of COVID vaccination is
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL DEMONSTRATE:
- Good time management skills
- Interviewing and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- The ability to establish rapport and trust with clients, sometimes under difficult circumstances
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Able to adapt to using new software and databases in a short period of time
- Bilingualism (French-English) preferred
Thank you for your interest in Resolve Counselling Services Canada. Please note that only those being interviewed will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com