Website Resolve Counselling Services Canada
POSTING DATE: October 6, 2021 – External Posting
POSTING NUMBER: 20211022
TITLE: Women’s Counsellor: Permanent – Part Time – Counsellor II Position
HOURS OF WORK: 17.5 HOURS PER WEEK
LOCATION: KINGSTON OFFICE
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Responsibilities include the provision of individual and group counselling. Working from a feminist, strengths-based, empowerment perspective, the Women’s Counsellor conducts assessments, develops safety plans, provides a range of clinical interventions and as required, makes referrals to community agencies/resources. Counsellor provides outreach services as needed.
• B.A./SSW or equivalent combination of education and experience is essential.
• Bilingual (French-English) is preferred.
• Successful Vulnerable Sector Police Reference Check is required.
• Membership in a related professional association is required and must be maintained
• One to three years of clinical experience would be an asset.
• Familiarity with the field of Domestic Violence and Violence against Women (VAW)
• Familiarity with a variety of clinical interventions; including the integration of a feminist perspective in counselling, Client-Centred and Brief Solution Focused Counselling Models.
• Familiarity with the theoretical and conceptual foundations which inform work done in the field of domestic violence and with their application to individual and group counselling.
• Knowledge of and experience with community stakeholders in the Kingston and surrounding area involved working with domestic violence.
• Familiarity with the Child and Family Services Act.
Applications will be accepted until October 20, 2021 – 4 pm
Thank you for your interest in Resolve Counselling Services Canada. Please note that only those being interviewed will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com